Dansville, New York is home to several buildings that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
Pioneer Farm (McCurdy House) – Listed 1970
December 17, 1970
This substantial, brick farmhouse, built about 1822, was a land mark in the surrounding area and is interwoven with the history of Dansville. James McCurdy (d. 1864) son of the first settler in Dansville and prosperous farmer who specialized in sheep raising, erected this house on the site of the first dwelling in Dansville, NY.
Prior to being knocked down, this building had survived intact as an example of an early 19th century western New York farmhouse.
Dansville Public Library (200 Main Street) – Listed 1977
September 13, 1977
Architect/Builder/Engineer: Claude Bragdon, Joshua Shepard
Dansville Post Office – Listed 1988
November 16, 1988
Architect/Builder/Engineer: Charles A. Carpenter
William Hartman Farmstead (9296 Rt. 63N) – Listed 2000
Elias H. Geiger House (Geiger-Weidman House, 10693 Geiger Rd) – Listed 2006
April 11, 2006
Architect/Builder/Engineer: Elias H. Geiger
Dansville Downtown Historic District (Main Street) – Listed 2007
May 31, 2007
Engleside (McNair House) (9086 McNair Rd) – Listed 2009
More to come soon…