June 22, 1914
Previously Hoffman & Co Meat Market, Charles G. Mader opens C.G. Mader Meat Market on the North East corner of Main Street and Exchange Street (Clara Barton Street). Mader’s Sons, Carl in 1915 and Herman in 1918, joined their father in the family business. Herman passed away at the age of 55 in 1958. Charles passed away in 1965 leaving Carl to run the business which he did until 1981.
Above: Charles G. Mader (Charlie) stands at the door of his Meat Market
Above: Carl Mader stands behind the counter at the Meat Market
Above: Cooler Interior at Mader’s Market
Above: Edward Quantz (Quanz) with C. G. Mader Meat Market truck
Above: Mader’s Slaughter house
Photos above provided by Jane Schryver
Out of the Genesee Country Express and Advertiser February 10, 1944
Ten Years Ago: A program of remodeling and improvement at the Chas. G. Mader Meat Market, which will be of much benefit to the market’s clientele, is now under way.
Photos taken June 2012 by Chad L. Schuster